HOW TO PLAY
1. Check out the theme. Become inspired by the monthly theme (assigned, ask for details). The theme can be taken quite literally, or can be abstracted/broken down in any way.
2. Pick a song. Select a song that pairs interestingly with the theme; and do this BEFORE you start writing. Again, this can be taken quite literally (and lyrically), or can be abstracted (i.e. the recording quality, the snare sound, the tempo, the way the music moves, the contrast to the theme, etc).
3. Write something. Anything. A phrase, poem, short story, fiction, confession; while being inspired by both the theme and the song you selected.
1. Listen. Play the reference tune, and listen all the way through, before reading the author's writing.
3. Examine and enjoy the relationship between the monthly theme, the reference song, the writing, and the author's unique perspective in how they abstracted (and assembled) these elements together.